Monday, May 29, 2006

Soul Patrol

I am so glad and quite relieved that Taylor Hicks won this year's American Idol competition. It's one of my guilty pleasures and I've been watching it since the season began just because of him. He's different. He's got soul. I knew he was going to win from the moment I saw him during the audition. He's the kind of guy who just loves to sing! I don't even think he thought he'd make it as far as the Kodak theatre. He was just there to sing and have a good time. He didn't care what he looked like (although he did improve throughout the season), didn't care what song he sang, he made the stage his own and when he sings, people really listen.

For a moment there I thought they were going to choose Katherine McPhee. If that was what happened, then she would just be like Kelly, Carrie, Fantasia. Girls who can sing but do not have personalities at all. Although she has some edge over the others. She sure is a looker.

But looks can only get you so far..... Not that far though.....

America finally chose wisely. Sure hope they'd chose wisely when voting for presidents and politicians. Hehehe!

No comments: