Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Mortality.....

It has been a year full of deaths. Loved ones, friends, friends' loved ones. I can't even remember how many wakes I have been to this year.

I remember the first one though. My own grandmother's wake. It was one of the most emotional events in my entire 25 years. I never thought burying my grandmother would be so hard. Until now, the events of late January haunt me. She still haunts me. I see her everywhere. I can feel her watching over us. This is the first Christmas we'll be spending without her being a tangible part of the family. I miss her. I wish she was still here. But that's kind of selfish. I know she's in a better place, I just hope she gives all of us strength to go on and keep the family together. It's what she wants.

I miss you grandma. Now, more than ever.

No comments: